tirsdag den 16. august 2011

The (re)falling in love with Paris


Paris! Everyone who has ever been there must have been at least temporarily infatuated by it. The impressive view from the top of the Eiffel tower, the little green bookshops along the Seine, the impressive Notre Dame, the beautiful bridges, the chic boutiques, fine foods, Louvre and I could go on.

Personally my favourite parts of Paris are none of the above mentioned. Even though I love all of the touristy stuff, what I loved the most was the beautiful historical streets and little cosy cafés of the Latin Quarter and the laid-back feeling and the great number of artists in Montmartre.

I fell in love! I wanted to stay so badly. Not just for the beautiful Montmartre and Latin Quarter but also for the exotic food markets (I’m a sucker for that kind of stuff) – but home we went, and in spite of the gazillions of pictures we took, my great crush slowly faded.

… And then I went to the movies with my mom.

For her birthday, I gave her a dine-out with me. She then suggested that we went to watch a movie before the dinner and since Woody Allens “Midnight in Paris” were playing, we should go see that.

The movie is said to be a declaration of love to Paris. It was. And it worked. I couldn’t help falling right back in love with the city and its history. All of the great artists who were inspired by the city (which is another part of my Paris love story) were also in the movie and with just a little knowledge of Hemingway, Dalí, the Fitzgeralds, Picasso and the other great men (and women) of the period, the movie were taken to new heights.

Definitely on to watch! The same goes for Paris (ma chérie)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar