tirsdag den 23. august 2011

Of the incredible amount of time and money you have to spend on getting a Visa

Today I went on a one-day trip to Copenhagen to get my papers legalized and get my Visa for Costa Rica (which I'm leaving for in 16 days!!) - and yes, as always I was late, which is the reason I didn't just send the paperwork.

From the moment I got out of bed, my stomach started to squirm, which is quite natural but incredibly annoying since it takes all of my worries and excitement, squish them together, whirl them around until it feels like flustered butterflies and I feel like puking. Just the thought of all the things that could go wrong...

Fortunately they didn't, but I ended up spending 1210 kr. (around $234) on paper-legalizing and Visa-getting + the 328 kr. I spent on the train.
That's an incredible amount of 1538 kr!! OMG! Oh well, just another one of those unsuspected expenses I just never saw coming!

Except for all the money I had to let go, I had a great day and I really saw a lot of Copenhagen since I chose to walk from the CPH central station to Asiatisk Plads to Landemærket. All in all it's about 45 minutes of walking (according to the yellow pages). But for someone like me, who can easily get lost in my own city if I go down the wrong street, it took around 3 hours.

That said, I wasn't in a hurry and therefore enjoyed the walking and sights even though I felt really touristy in a dumb way while looking at the GIANT map I got in a store - I hate looking like a tourist, especially in my own country.


I spent the afternoon with my good friend Olivia and it was really great to see her again and say goodbye before I'm leaving.

Here's a great song just to break off the wall of text:
The song is called "You make me"

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar