søndag den 18. september 2011

Fencing!

I spent most of my second day in Costa Rica (Sunday) watching Tomás in a fencing competition. It was very interesting as I have never seen fencing for real before. It's SUCH a hard sport to understand! To me, it seemed pretty random who got points for touching the other.
Rooting for Cornick

Tomás with friends - trying to remove the smell of queso

Tomás -" hermano" :)

Getting ready!

Fighting - Tomás to the right

Fighting - Tomás to the right
Unfortunately, Tomás didn't win the competition, but I had a good day anyway. 


In the evening, I went with Maris, her mother, Jorge´s mother and the kids to church. An interesting experience, peaceful, even though the church was  s t u f f e d  with people! I don't think I'll join them every Sunday though.
 It's a little funny because Maris is VERY religious and Jorge doesn't believe at all. I guess it makes for some kind of balance. Also, it gives me the freedom to do either, which suits me well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar